Have you always wanted to start up your own interactive entertainment business but you did not know where to start?
The Academy of Interactive Entertainment Incubator Program is a world-first and the opportunity you have been waiting for. We want you to join us in helping to create new companies and job opportunities.
The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) is a not for profit organization dedicated to the teaching of digital interactive entertainment. We are the second oldest game school in the world, and have been actively involved in changing the landscape of digital media education for over 15 years.
We believe that as an industry leader we need to go beyond providing digital media training in Australia. We need to equally focus on job placement and job creation. In this day and age, job creation is vital and we have our part to play.
The AIE wishes to provide our graduating students with the opportunity to create their own digital media businesses. The AIE will provide you with industry led teaching through our new Vocational Graduate Diploma of Management. In addition each and every AIE graduate that enrols in the Vocational Graduate Diploma of Management will be eligible for a substantial scholarship and access to our new business incubators located in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra. Think of us as your angel investor, where you get to keep your IP and all the shares of your business belong to you and your team.
The key features of the AIE Incubator Program
- Participants are mentored through the process of setting up and operating their independent games business delivered by industry mentors and teachers;
- Participants complete a Vocational Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning);
- Participant are given 24 hour access to dedicated office space equipped with office furniture, PCs, and access to development kits such as iPhones, iPads and other hardware and software;
- Experienced mentors assist these businesses to develop and successfully commercialise their creative products;
- Scholarships are available at each stage to assist participants to reach their goals; and
- The incubator program is run in a supportive environment in separate premises from the AIE Campus, and is available for existing independent game and film studios to move into.
The first unit of the Incubator Program is a business, market research and development phase. Participants will be covering the following topics:
• Designing Digital Products to Sell
• Systems Development
• Present a Business Case
During this stage, all participants can access the Conference Travel Scholarship.
Unit Two is about getting the business strategy into action. This stage gives Incubator participants access to the office space and resources until the end of the calendar year. This unit covers:
• Product Development
• Build Your Community
• Execution and Distribution
• Automation and Business Growth
During this stage, AIE graduates can access the Business Development Scholarship.